If your goal is weight gain, it is more important to focus on what you are eating rather than how often you are eating.
For frequency, we recommend eating 3-5 meals throughout the day. Divide up your daily calorie goal according to how many meals you can fit into your schedule. In setting a daily calorie intake goal, keep in mind that a healthy rate for weight gain is 1-2 pounds per week. To achieve this, aim to consume about 500-1000 calories per day above your ordinary calorie intake.
Your Registered Dietitian would be more than happy to work with you to figure out the best eating schedule for you. You can get in touch by logging into Gainful.com and navigating to the "My Dietitian" tab.
Articles in this section
- How do I gain weight?
- How often should I have protein powder for weight gain?
- How do I gain lean muscle quickly?
- How long will it take me to gain weight?
- How can I increase the carbs in my diet?
- How can I gain muscle as a vegan?
- How many meals should I have per day to gain weight?
- How can I gain weight and bulk up?
- Which foods are best for gaining weight?
- Will protein powder make me gain weight?