Typically, hypoglycemia occurs when you have not eaten any carbohydrates for a long time, and/or have taken your diabetes medication and not compensated for it with enough carbohydrates. Since our blends are typically low in carbohydrates, we would not recommend using your personalized protein powder as a fix for bouts of hypoglycemia. You want to find a fast-digesting carbohydrate to immediately fix your hypoglycemia. Many people use fruit juice or glucose tablets.
We always recommend consulting with your physician before starting any new dietary supplement, especially if you have any pre-existing medical conditions or are taking medication.
Articles in this section
- Is it safe to have protein powder if i have autoimmune hepatitis (liver disease)?
- Is protein powder a good option for people with alpha gal allergies?
- Is protein powder good for an anti-inflammatory diet?
- Is protein powder ok for people with pre-diabetes?
- Is protein powder safe to take if I have Hashimoto's?
- Is protein powder a good option for people with gastroparesis?
- Is protein safe for people with PCOS?
- Do you have any blends that are good for people with IC?
- Is protein powder a good option for people with hypoglycemia?
- How can I gain weight with hyperthyroidism?