In general, we do not recommend having protein powder in place of any of your main meals. This goes for Gainful as well as any other protein powders or supplements.
Supplements are a great way to reach your goals, but they should be just that – supplements. If you have protein powder alone for any meal, it will likely not keep you satisfied and energized for very long. However, you can definitely use protein powder as part of your meal. Think of it as a meal supplement instead of a replacement.
Your Gainful protein supplies a lot of high quality protein without a lot of calories. This leaves room for you to include other foods in your meal. If you think of the powder as the protein source for your meal, you can focus on including other food groups in there like fruits, vegetables, grains, and dairy.
Another great way to do this is by making a protein smoothie. Protein smoothies are a convenient, delicious, and complete meal. Blend up some fruits, veggies, oats, peanut butter, milk, or yogurt with your protein powder and you're good to go! This will give you a good variety of nutrients to keep you feeling full and energized. If you pick healthy and nutrient-dense foods, it won't contribute a ton of extra calories either. And remember: protein powder can also serve as a great snack!
If you're using your protein powder blend primarily as a meal supplement, please indicate that when you take the quiz. You can always reach out to your Registered Dietitian for more tips on getting the most out of your protein shake. Chat with your R.D. by logging into Gainful.com and navigating to the "My Dietitian" tab.
Articles in this section
- Is casein protein good for weight loss?
- Can protein powder help me lose weight if I don't exercise?
- When should I drink protein powder if I follow intermittent fasting?
- How do I lose weight without exercising?
- What diet should I follow for weight loss?
- How can I turn fat into muscle?
- How can I stop drinking soda?
- Can I drink protein shakes for most of my diet?
- What foods should I eat for weight loss?
- How do I lose weight in a certain area of my body?