In general, we do not recommend having protein powder in place of any of your main meals. This goes for Gainful as well as any other protein powders or supplements.
Supplements are a great way to reach your goals, but they should be just that – supplements. If you have protein powder alone for any meal, it will likely not keep you satisfied and energized for very long. However, you can definitely use protein powder as part of your meal. Think of it as a meal supplement instead of a replacement.
Your Gainful protein supplies a lot of high quality protein without a lot of calories. This leaves room for you to include other foods in your meal. If you think of the powder as the protein source for your meal, you can focus on including other food groups in there like fruits, vegetables, grains, and dairy.
Another great way to do this is by making a protein smoothie. Protein smoothies are a convenient, delicious, and complete meal. Blend up some fruits, veggies, oats, peanut butter, milk, or yogurt with your protein powder and you're good to go! This will give you a good variety of nutrients to keep you feeling full and energized. If you pick healthy and nutrient-dense foods, it won't contribute a ton of extra calories either. And remember: protein powder can also serve as a great snack!
Articles in this section
- How can I eat healthy on a lower budget?
- What is a proper portion size for peanuts?
- What is the right macronutrient breakdown for me?
- Do your shakes include fruit and vegetable nutrients?
- How can I eat properly as a college student?
- How many meals should I eat per day?
- What are some high protein breakfasts ideas?
- Is it healthy to add cheese to my meals?
- How often should I be eating?
- What are some healthy alternatives to cheesy meals?